Gusto 54 is the parent company enveloping Trattoria Nervosa, Gusto 101, Gusto 501, Pai Northern Thai Kitchen, Gusto 54 Catering and Chubby’s Jamaican Kitchen. The company is in the time of rapid expansion and is looking to add an additional 4-5 operations in the coming year in both Canada and the US.
This role is instrumental in daily operations at one of our restaurants. As we grow, we hope the successful candidate will grow with us; learning new tools, processes, and skills to develop a smooth running kitchen.
A Gusto 54 Sous Chef will be accountable to the daily operations; including Uber Eats and other services and events outside the four walls of the restaurant.
This roll involves overseeing daily operations in tandem with your Chef De Cuisine. Daily operations are managed during lunch, dinner, brunch and delivery service such as Uber Eats etc.
The sous chef is a business manager who operates the kitchen like their own business. This means that there is some administrative work to be done; labour, sales, bill times, etc. Ultimately these reports are held accountable at a Head Office level.
The Sous Chef overseeing compliance solutions within the restaurant. This includes:
- Regional and National Health & Safety
- Food Safe Handling for all employees
Human Resource Management
Daily management is supporting the built schedule, daily labour, scheduling breaks and meals. Beyond the day his includes; employee file maintenance, hiring, training & development, and supporting building content in our online learning system, Gusto 54 University.
- 1-3 years of Kitchen Management
- 1 year of inventory Control Management
- Experience with UberEats or comparable delivery service
- Exposure to Italian culture and cuisine
- Experience in a high volume environment
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Exposure or basic understanding of Optimal control and Aloha POS
- Running inventory previously
- Strong people organizational skills
Supervises: Kitchen team members (10-50)
Reports to: Chef De Cuisine
Accountable to: Chef De Cuisine & General Manager