Pancakes that say “I appreciate you mom”
Everyone knows that Mother’s Day is all about brunch. Oh, and showing your mom how much you appreciate everything she’s done for you- especially enduring those teenage angst years. At Gusto, our favourite way to show love is through cooking (obviously), so what better way to that special lady’s heart than with this quick & tasty Buckwheat Pancake recipe?
Pastry flour – 1200g
Buckwheat flour – 500g
Salt – 15g
Sugar – 630g
Baking powder – 150g
Milk – 2900g
Melted butter – 150g
Vanilla – 1 Tbsp
Lemon zest – 2 medium lemons
Berries – 1 cup
Mascarpone Cream – 1 cup
1. Scale all ingredients.
2. Melt butter in a sauce pot.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients together.
4. In a separate mixing bowl mix eggs and milk together.
5. Combine the flour and egg mixture together. Be careful not to over mix.
6. Slowly add the melted butter followed by the lemon zest to the mixture.
7. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
8. Layer and stack pancakes with blueberries and blackberries (or any berries of your choice) and mascarpone cream.